Discover Your Passion in Public Media!
Arkansas PBS is seeking a Producer who has a passion for storytelling. Someone who can pitch, shoot and edit a wide variety of documentary shorts and local Arkansas content. A person who can elevate ideas into impactful video content for various platforms, including digital, social, and broadcast media. If this sounds like you, then we have a Producer role ready for you.
The Producer is responsible for creating, pitching, and developing rich and engaging content across multiple platforms. Content development includes scripting, shooting (field & studio), and video editing. Producers should have a firm grasp of all aspects of storytelling in multiple disciplines ranging from short-form to long-form content while being highly organized and possessing the ability to manage multiple schedules, budgets, and projects. Project coordination and great communication skills are a must. Producers must be proficient in modern production technologies, including but not limited to professional video equipment, including HD cameras, audio and lighting; non-linear editing systems, and pre- and post-production software. Experience with delivery file formats, broadcast and web television standards, and motion graphics is a plus. This position will ensure the project meets all deadlines and standards of quality set by Arkansas PBS under guidance of the Director of Production. This role requires a knowledge of producing live and prerecorded broadcast television in addition to developing supplemental and standalone content for a variety of digital platforms.
- 3+ years television/video production industry experience.
- Experience leading and contributing to creative teams.
- Ability to articulate and communicate ideas and concepts using written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage time and prioritize work effectively.
- Enthusiastic, solution-oriented attitude in accepting work/new challenges.
- Proficient in modern production technologies.
- Resourceful, a creative problem solver who takes initiative and stays a few steps ahead.
- Understands how to prioritize tasks at hand, how to flag bottlenecks, and when to elevate potential issues.
- Understands when a team member on your project is not meeting expectations and works to guide, set expectations, and consult with their manager for support and mentorship.
- Works well under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude and flexibility.
- A pro at creating budgets, timelines, managing deliverables, and teams.
- Extremely detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Seeks improvement and goes above and beyond in process, resources, and desired output.
- A team player, striking a balance between prioritizing projects and supporting the larger agency goals.
Arkansas PBS offers amazing benefits and perks:
Insurance: Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available. Shared employer/employee cost.
Paid Holidays: 11 per year, including birthday.
Paid Vacation: 12 to 22.5 days per year depending on years of state service.
Paid Sick Leave: 12 days per year.
Retirement Benefits: Vesting in a defined-benefit retirement annuity plan funded by a 7.00% employee salary contribution (mandatory) and a 15.00% contribution from the State of Arkansas. Employees can also contribute to an optional 457b plan at a minimum pretax contribution rate of 3%.
Basic Life Insurance up to $10,000.
Eligible for the Federal Student Loan Forgiveness Program.
Salary offered commensurate with experience.
Must have a valid driver’s license.