Arkansas PBS is bringing viewers a series of concert specials this December, featuring Willie Nelson, Alan Jackson, Mariah Carey and more!
Kicking off Friday, Dec. 2, at 11 p.m., “John Sebastian Presents: Folk Rewind (My Music).” Join John Sebastian of The Lovin’ Spoonful in a special featuring the greatest singers and songwriters of the classic 1950s and ‘60s folk era, with historic footage and new performances.
Then, the fun continues with “Willie Nelson: Live at Budokan” Saturday, Dec. 3, at 9:30 p.m. Filmed at Budokan, the famous martial arts hall, this 1984 Tokyo concert is one of Nelson’s legendary live performances featuring an amazing collection of his greatest hits.
After honoring his mother’s request to release an album of gospel classics, Alan Jackson recorded an accompanying concert special called “Alan Jackson: Precious Memories” at the historic Ryman in Nashville, Tennessee. This concert features signature renditions of traditional hymns and gospel favorites, such as “When All Get to Heaven,” “The Old Rugged Cross” and “How Great Thou Art.” The concert airs Sunday, Dec. 4, at 5:30 p.m.
Later Sunday, Dec. 4, at 9:30 p.m., “Mariah Carey - Live at the Tokyo Dome,” features the Songbird Supreme’s historic first show in Japan. Included are standout versions of her greatest hits, including “Emotions,” “Dreamlover” and “All I Want For Christmas Is You.”
Other music specials during the month include:
- “Moments to Remember (My Music Presents)” Friday, Dec. 2, at 3 p.m.
- “Roy Orbison Forever” Friday, Dec. 2, at 9:30 p.m.
- “The Doobie Brothers With Michael McDonald: 50th Anniversary at Radio City Music Hall” Saturday, Dec. 3, at 11 p.m.
- “John Sebastian's Folk Rewind (My Music Presents)” Sunday, Dec. 4, at 2 p.m.
- “Kenny Rogers Farewell Concert Celebration: All in for The Gambler” Sunday, Dec. 4, at 4 p.m.
- “Ella Wishes You a Swinging Christmas, With Vanessa Williams” Friday, Dec. 9, at 8 p.m.
- “Christmas at Belmont” Friday, Dec. 9, at 9 p.m.
- “O Holy Night: Christmas With the Tabernacle Choir” Tuesday, Dec. 13, at 7 p.m.
During the broadcast, viewers will learn how to gain access to additional music series through Arkansas PBS Passport. The best value in on-demand streaming, Arkansas PBS Passport is a member benefit for donations as little as $5 a month, or $60 annually.
“John Sebastian Presents: Folk Rewind (My Music)” airs Friday, Dec. 2, at 11 p.m.
“Willie Nelson: Live at Budokan” airs Saturday, Dec. 3, at 9:30 p.m.
“Alan Jackson: Precious Memories” airs Sunday, Dec. 4, at 5:30 p.m.
“Mariah Carey - Live at the Tokyo Dome” airs Sunday Dec. 4, at 9:30 p.m.