Arkansans Ask: Children & Disasters
Disasters can strike anywhere at any time, and during the day approximately 70 million children in the United States are separated from their families. This episode explores child-focused disaster preparedness, community resilience and steps any household can take to become better prepared for all emergencies. It also provides insight, guidance and resources to help protect children before, during and after disasters, while offering a platform for state, local and national leaders to answer viewer questions.
- Jeff Schlegelmilch - Deputy Director National Center for Disaster Preparedness (NCDP) at Columbia University
- Erin Lauer - Community Preparedness Manager for Save the Children
- Debbie Malone - Program Coordinator for Child Care Aware of NWA
- John Luther - Director for Washington County Department of Emergency Management
- Glenda Deffebaugh - Youth & Family Programs Director, Fayetteville Boys and Girls Club