Call for Entries: Project VoiceScapea partnership with Adobe Youth Voices, PBS and POV to mentor today's best young documentary filmmakers
Adobe Youth Voices, PBS and POV are searching for the next generation of documentary filmmakers! The deadline for submission is February 15, 2011. Project VoiceScape welcomes good ideas, films-in-progress or completed short films made by aspiring filmmakers in grades 7- 12. The program provides mentorship to young filmmakers and showcases their work on a variety of PBS/POV related media. Fifteen young people will be selected for Project VoiceScape and will be honored in June 2011 at a ceremony in Washington, DC.
All subjects, styles and opinions are welcome! We are looking for film projects that:
- Get people talking
- Take a fresh & creative approach to filmmaking
- Express a clear point of view
- Address issues Americans are talking about
- Take a thoughtful approach to the topic
- Showcase the lives of people you rarely see on TV
- Examine issues that are important in your community
The 15 young filmmakers selected for Project VoiceScape will receive:
- $2000 to complete your short documentary
- Streaming of your film on POV's award-winning website
- One-to-one mentoring by award-winning documentary filmmakers • Outreach, Publicity and Fundraising training from experts at POV
- Possible broadcast in the POV Short Film Showcase
To find out more about Project VoiceScape, visit http://www.pbs.org/pov/filmmakers/voicescape.php.