StationBreak September 2015
Teen Suicide Prevention Awareness
The 2015-16 school year is the rotation year for two hours of professional development in teen suicide awareness and prevention. ArkansasIDEAS offers the following courses to address this requirement.
- HWG14007 - The Jason Foundation: Suicide Awareness and Prevention - Choices
- HWG14008 - The Jason Foundation: Suicide Awareness and Prevention - Making a Difference
- HWG14009 - The Jason Foundation: Suicide Awareness and Prevention - A Plan of Action
- HWG14010 - The Jason Foundation: Suicide Awareness and Prevention - History of Suicide Prevention
- HWB14001 - Act 770 of 2011: Gatekeepers - Youth Suicide Prevention Awareness
- HWB15058 - Act 770 of 2011: Gatekeepers - Youth Suicide Prevention Awareness (2015 Update)
- HWG14011 - More Than Sad: Teen Suicide/Depression - Prevention and Awareness Programs
- HWB15054 - Something to Talk About: Suicide Awareness
Courses in italics will be available soon.
A New LMS for Online Professional Development
You told us what you wanted, and we listened! ArkansasIDEAS has transitioned to a new learning management system (LMS). This new LMS provides teachers with many additional features, including new courses, more technology offerings, easier navigation, and a fresh, mobile-friendly design.
Here are a few important things to note regarding the new LMS:
- All Arkansas educators will need to register for an account in the new LMS.
- All courses will now be taken in the new LMS, accessible at ideas.aetn.org.
- After logging into the new LMS, there is a link on the home tab that will allow you to retrieve transcripts for coursework completed in the old system.
Help is Available!
We have several resources available if you need assistance registering for, or navigating within, our new LMS. Access our ArkansasIDEAS Quick Start Guide.
If you are currently enrolled in the Disciplinary Literacy Option or the Arkansas History Option and you need assistance transitioning into the new LMS, or if you have any other questions or concerns, please contact the ArkansasIDEAS help desk by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 800-488-6689.
For more educational resources at home and in the classroom, visit:
Download the AETN Educator Resource Guide